Located on the west side of Military Highway, just south of Winston Ln., BASIS San Antonio Shavano offers its community an academically accelerated education in sixth grade through twelfth grade. Looking for kindergarten through fifth grade? Visit BASIS San Antonio Primary – Medical Center Campus (K-5) or BASIS San Antonio Primary – North Central Campus (K-5).
Our beautiful campus opened in 2017 and serves around 1100 students from a multitude of diverse backgrounds. The BASIS San Antonio Shavano Dragons proudly represent their community in the BASIS Curriculum Schools network.
2017 School Highlights
- Our AP students averaged a score of 3.35 out of 5 on 642 AP Exams taken.
- We currently teach 104 AP Scholars from 2016–17, including eight National AP Scholars.
- Our students won first, second, and third place awards in chemistry, engineering, behavioral sciences, and environmental sciences as well as the grade 6 grand prize and the first grand prize in physics at the Alamo Junior Academy of Sciences Science Fair.
- Current Shavano students won Broadcom Masters Certificates, overall fair awards, and grand awards, including scholarships, at the Alamo Regional Science Fair.
- At the state science fair, our students won first place in both computer system software and biochemistry, as well as second place overall in all 12 physical science categories.
- Our students won the Better Business Bureau “Laws of Life” essay contest and the Texas Charter League’s grades 6–8 Arts Festival Creative Writing Competition.
- The varsity softball team won the state championship.
- Volleyball, soccer, and basketball teams won multiple regional championships.