Located on the southwest corner of Shea Blvd. and 128th St., BASIS Scottsdale offers its community an academically accelerated education in fourth through twelfth grade. Beginning in the 2019-2020 school year, BASIS Scottsdale will serve fifth through twelfth grade. Looking for kindergarten through fourth grade? Please visit BASIS Scottsdale Primary – East Campus or BASIS Scottsdale Primary – West Campus.
Our beautiful campus opened in 2003 and serves around 1,100 students from a multitude of diverse backgrounds. The BASIS Scottsdale Bulldogs proudly represent their community in the BASIS Curriculum Schools network.
2017 School Highlights
- Our Class of 2017 (70) includes 26 National Merit Finalists, two National Merit Semifinalists, and 23 Commended Scholars.
- 100 percent of our 2017 BASIS Scottsdale graduates earned an AP Scholar award, including 51 National AP Scholars, eight AP Scholars with Distinction, five AP Scholars with Honors, and six AP Scholars.
- We began some traditions in our new building like hosting our first homecoming basketball game with standing room only and sending off our seniors with a final senior walk on their last day.
- We offered more than 70 school clubs, honor societies, and sports programs.
- Isaiah H., as a BASIS Scottsdale grade 8 student, won the state level competition of “You be the Chemist” and went on to compete in Washington, D.C. at the national competition as one of 55,000 students. Isaiah advanced to the second round in the national competition.
- Divya V., BASIS Scottsdale senior Class of 2017, was recognized as one of the country’s most outstanding high school leaders by the Coca Cola Scholars Foundation and was awarded a $20,000 college scholarship. Divya was selected from nearly 86,000 applicants from across the country as one of the 150 Coca-Cola Scholars.
- BASIS Scottsdale continues to build an amazing alumni network. This past year we hosted our third Annual Alumni Reunion with over 60 alums (Classes of 2012–2016) joining as well as continuing our Alumni Speaker series to speak with our grade 8 students on the value of BASIS Curriculum Schools post high school.