Located off of Oracle Rd. just south of Tangerine Rd., BASIS Oro Valley Primary offers its community an academically accelerated education in kindergarten through fifth grade. BASIS Oro Valley Primary is affiliated with BASIS Oro Valley (6-12) a nationally ranked public high school. Looking for sixth through twelfth grade? Visit BASIS Oro Valley.
Our beautiful campus opened in 2014 and serves around 750 students from a multitude of diverse backgrounds. The BASIS Oro Valley Primary Jaguars proudly represent their community in the BASIS Curriculum Schools network.
2017 School Highlights
- At the Arizona State Chess Championships held in Flagstaff, the K–3 team won the second place trophy, the K–5 team was first place co-champions with BASIS Tucson (but we were able to grab the first place trophy on tie breaks), the K–8 team grabbed the third place trophy.
- A grade 5 student won third place in the Southern Arizona Regional Science Fair in his category for the “Environmental Science for Elementary Division,” along with a special award – honorable mention from the Arizona Hydrological Society.
- Five students competed in the state Math League competition, with one of our students earning second place for the grade 4 level and an invitation to the national competition.
- Our Mandarin teams earned us second place overall and third place for elementary students in Chinese drama at the Chinese Cultural Center competition. One of our teams also earned first place in the intermediate level category, and our school earned second place overall. The competition included high school level Mandarin students.
- Our school a new computer resource room and adopted a literacy intervention program that students can work on at home or at school.
There are no upcoming events at this time.