2020-2021 New Campuses (Northeast) – There’s still time to apply! Limited seats are available for the 2020–2021 school year at BASIS San Antonio Northeast. Explore BASIS Charter Schools. Discover excellence in accelerated education.
Join us for Saturday in the Park!
- When: Sat, February 29, 2020
- Time: 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. CST
- Round Pavilion @ Live Oak’s Main City Park
- 18001 Park Drive
- Live Oak, TX 78233
Join the Head of School of BASIS San Antonio Northeast at our BASIS San Antonio North Central campus for a school tour!
Join us for a Coffee Q&A!
- When: Tues, February 25, 2020
- Time: 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. CST
- Where: Buon Giorno Cafe
- 15033 Nacogdoches Road, #201
- San Antonio, TX 78247
- When: Tues, March 3 2020
- Time: 4:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m. CST
- Where: Starbucks – i35 & Thousand Oaks
- 5314 Thousand Oaks
- San Antonio, TX 78284
The network with some of the best charter schools in the nation is expanding in San Antonio!
BASIS Texas Charter Schools are open enrollment, tuition-free charter schools serving grades K-12, and feature an internationally acclaimed liberal arts curriculum. The BASIS Charter School Curriculum offers foundations in language, literacy, civics, history, science, math, movement, engineering and technology, performance arts, visual arts, and music.
The curriculum is designed to provide a foundation of disciplinary knowledge that fuels critical thinking, problem-solving, and creativity.
The BASIS Charter School Curriculum engages, challenges, and inspires:
- Our innovative integration of courses and content supports an accelerated rigor and pace. Primary students, for example, take blocks of humanities, math, science, and fine arts, and study the interdisciplinary connections between their courses. This approach teaches students to organize their thinking around conceptual synthesis.
- Key concepts and skills are spiraled from kindergarten through AP courses and beyond. As students progress, the connections they make within and across subjects boost critical thinking skills and give them a deeper understanding of the topic. For instance, students in grades 6–8 take three science courses— biology, physics, and chemistry—each year. This structure of advancing and reinforcing content prepares students to excel in the AP courses for these subjects in high school.
- We also empower students to achieve beyond the classroom. Students are able to explore their creative interests with our vibrant arts programs, which include music, theatre, and visual arts. They can also participate in the wide variety of extracurricular activities, honor societies, sports, and specials that our schools offer. These activities allow them to further thrive in our diverse academic communities, creating a school culture of respect, accountability, and perseverance.
Take a look ahead at important BASIS San Antonio Northeast dates and deadlines, from grading periods to holidays.
BASIS San Antonio Northeast campus will be located at
- 11550 I-35 Frontage Road
- San Antonio, TX 78233